Puddle Duck Cottages located in Ironbridge Gorge, Shropshire
Shropshire is a hidden gem and there's plenty to see and do. We have lots of amazing places to visit - historic houses and castles with beautiful gardens, the famous Ironbridge, museums and family attractions, not forgetting the dedicated walking and cycling routes that border the cottages and of course plenty of opportunity to enjoy leisurely days on the River Severn, fishing, canoeing or taking one of our recommended organised rafting tours.
Shropshire has many traditional market towns including gourmet Ludlow and the county town of Shrewsbury which is almost surrounded by the River Severn and noted as the birthplace of Charles Darwin, it is a medieval delight of black and white buildings and only a 30 minute drive away.
The local landscape reflects the fact that Shropshire is geologically unique and creates the special habitats that ensures our wildlife is so diverse. All this adds up to making Shropshire great walking country, giving you the opportunity to spot otters, kingfishers, birds of prey, badgers, foxes and deer to name but a few that our guests have seen when they holiday with us.
So whether you're out and about exploring our historical past, enjoying walking the abundance of traffic free walks directly from the cottages or hiking through the Shropshire Hills, maybe strolling along the Shropshire Union and Llangollen Canals you can leave feeling rejuvenated and restored, whilst creating unforgettable memories to cherish with your loved ones.
Puddle Duck Cottages are located at The Tuckies, a hamlet in the eastern part of Jackfield, approximately 1 mile down river from Ironbridge and opposite the village of Coalport.
- Exit M54 at junctions 4 or 6
- Exit M5 at junction 6
- Full directions will be sent to you upon booking
- Telford Central railway station is approximately 7 miles away north of the Ironbridge Gorge. Local bus services and taxis are available outside of the station. See www.nationalrail.co.uk for details
- There are services from Telford, Bridgnorth and Shrewsbury. Check www.arrivabus.co.uk or www.telfordpublictransport.co.uk for details and timetables. The nearest bus stop is located on Calcutts Road which is approximately 15 minutes walk from the cottages
- Birmingham International Airport (BHX) is the largest airport in the Midlands, less than an hour away with a distance of approximately 48 miles. From here you will find connecting train services direct to Telford Central railway station. Visit www.birminghamairport.co.uk for further details
- The cottages are well connected to the National Cycle Network route 45 and 55. For more information visit www.sustrans.org.uk
- Ironbridge 1 mile
- Much Wenlock 6 miles
- Bridgnorth 8 miles
- Shrewsbury 19 miles
- Ludlow 26 miles
- Birmingham 38 miles
- Manchester 80 miles
- London 154 miles